If you have bad credit, you might be worried about whether or not you can get 100% car finance – and if so, how should you go about it? Don’t worry – there are lots of ways to get 100% car finance with bad credit. Finding the right lender will be essential and you’ll also want to do everything you can to keep your credit score as high as possible during the time you apply for the loan.
What is 100% Car Finance?
Getting 100% car finance simply means that you will be loaned the entire amount (100%) of the purchase price of the car. With 100% car finance you don’t have to pay a down payment.
Things To Consider with 100% Car Finance:
- Interest: if you have bad credit and you are requesting 100% car finance, you may have to accept very high-interest rates as you’ll be seen as a high risk to a lender who is ultimately concerned with the full amount of car finance being repaid.
- Type of car: you should think about going for a slightly cheaper model that you previously wanted if you are going for 100% car finance unless you are completely sure you won’t struggle financially to pay it back in the time agreed.
- Loan Term: make sure you give yourself enough time to make repayments. With 100% car finance you are borrowing large sums of money so budget carefully to make sure you can pay it back within your loan term.
How To Get 100% Car Finance With Bad Credit
If there’s any way that you can pay some sort of down payment on your car finance, it could really help you get a better deal with far lower interest rates. Never stretch yourself too far financially but take time to consider whether you might be able to put down a small down payment.
If there’s no way of putting down a down payment, you could consider some of the following options:
- Check your credit rating so that you can confirm all the details are correct. If you find mistakes and realize that your credit score should be higher than it is, you can apply for this to be changed.
- Try to get approval for a secured loan using a valuable asset such as home equity against the loan.
- Consider a co-signer who has a good credit history to reassure the lender. This instantly reduces the risk of the finance and gives peace of mind to the lender.
- Get organized – this is really important and you need to have all your documents in order so that there are no unnecessary delays in the car finance process once you have been approved.
Ask for Expert Help
There are many lenders who specialize in working with people with bad credit. It’s really important that you find the right lender for you – someone who will understand your situation and may be able to offer the best advice on getting 100% car finance with bad credit.
Many bigger lenders or banks will simply reject you based on your credit rating which can be frustrating and demoralizing. Finding a lender who specializes in people with bad credit means you’ll have a much greater chance of getting 100% car finance with bad credit.