You might choose to specialize in a specific type of event — like weddings or company meetings — or set yourself up as an event planner of all trades. If you’re highly organized, are detail-oriented, and have experience planning large events, it might be time others benefit from your skills. Working as a home inspector requires certification and a great deal of expertise, but it can offer a flexible work schedule and stable income. Confirm the licensing requirements in your state before getting started with this type of small business. You’ll want to make sure you’re providing the best service to your clients by having all of your credentials in order.
- A sole proprietorship, also known as a sole trader, is owned by one person and operates for their benefit.
- Corporations can be either government-owned or privately owned, and they can organize either for profit or as nonprofit organizations.
- Sole proprietorships are businesses owned and operated by one person and are not identified as a separate entity from the owner by the government.
- Ultimately, weak business confidence reduces the potential for economic growth.
- Corporations, in contrast with sole proprietors and partnerships, are a separate legal entity and provide limited liability for their owners/members, as well as being subject to corporate tax rates.
- The Professional + eSign bundle provides you with more storage and an easy way to request or add unlimited legally binding signature requests to documents stored within a seamless Dropbox workflow.
Find information about hiring your first employee, …